Welcome to the
w · i · z · a · r · d · s
WORCESTER INCORPORATED ZYMURGISTS ADVANCING REAL DRAUGHTS
Officers and Rules
WIZARDS Club Officers
President - Brian
Vice President - Eli
Secretary/Treasurer - Bill
WIZARDS Club "Rules"
- Regularly scheduled club meetings will be held the third Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM at Deja Brew in Shrewsbury, MA.
- Meetings will be conducted in accordance with this pre-set agenda, however, times may be changed to accomodate special events at the discretion of the club's officers. Members will be encourage to stick to the agenda items and not to indulge in side conversations.
||Business Meeting (first item is to review the upcoming events calendar)
- Meeting minutes will be collected at the discretion of the club president.
- Club officers include:
- President (oversees all club business, presides over monthly meetings, coordinates monthly functions)
- Treasurer (maintains funds, collects club dues)
- Secretary (provides quarterly newsletter and maintains the club’s web site)
- Club officers will be elected annually at the June meeting. Nominations will be made at the May meeting.
- Dues are set at $15/year due June 1 of each year. Dues will be prorated for new members joining during the year. For new members joining during April and May, dues are waived for this month as long as the next year’s dues are paid in full.
- Membership is not required to attend club meetings, however, only members and their guests will be permitted at club functions.
- Once prospective members attend several meetings, dues will be solicited from them.
- Members accept that club activities involve alcohol and, as such, agree to act responsibly and take responsibility for their own actions.
- The January Meeting is reserved for the WIZARDS Open House with activities targeted towards new brewers (ie, those who receive beers kits for the holidays).
- A regular newsletter is no longer published by the club. Upcoming events and special activities are shown on the web site. Special newsletters will be published as warranted. When published, the newsletter is only delivered by email.
- The president will ensure regular Club Activities are scheduled.
- Club meetings and activities are defined on wizards calendar shown on the Upcoming Activities web page.
- All members will be encouraged to suggest and coordinate the club activities.
- The club’s annual Boston Pub Crawl will be held on Earth Day.
- Club brewing sessions are held in the fall (later September, early October) and spring (National Homebrew Day). Both sessions will be open to the public.
- In appreciation and recognition of the constant support provided to the Wizards by Brian @ StrangeBrew and Ray at Deja Brew, Strangebrew Home-brewing Supplies and Deja Brew BOP are recognized as official club sponsors.
- Strangebrew offers a 5% discount to all home-brew club members.
Back to the Wizard's Home